1. Substantial savings (in excess of $1M per annum) to Government for the services being provided under this contract.
2. Flexible technology platform to allow departments and agencies to move to a converged environment at their own pace.
3. A short term contract to enable Government to uptake new technologies as they emerge.
4. Total upgrade of the technology platform to an Internet Protocol (IP) enabled system, ensuring the continuing convergence of voice and data services.
5. Greatly improved Service Levels that will ensure minimal down time in the event of an equipment failure.
6. Enhanced telephony charge validation function that will ensure the Government is being appropriately billed by carriers.
7. Minimised costs to convert from traditional telephony to IP telephony (if required).
8. The provision of a dedicated, supplier-hosted, customer web portal to respond to customer queries and requests.
VOTS has the potential to simplify department and agency billing, increase productivity within telecommunication areas, improve current telephony and data services, and upgrade systems. Examples are the ability to:
1. Simplify and administer billing into one tax invoice.
2. Access individual extension level billing during each reporting period.
3. More easily manage information as customers have access to accurate telephony billing information, Adds Moves and Changes, and faults via secure internet portal, and
4. Take the opportunity to upgrade current handsets with a selection of NECBS Digital, Analogue, and Operator Console.
Quality of Service
In the selection of NECA, a comprehensive set of evaluation criteria was applied - focusing on capacity to supply the required services, quality of service, coverage of service, conditions of contract, and service rates. This has resulted in highly competitive rates, and improved contract terms and service levels.